After a competition we always have leftover BBQ to share with friends and co-workers. What we really like to do for our special friends and family is to repurpose our BBQ into new or easy menu items that are easy to prepare and fun to eat.
Please give them a try and let us know what you think.
Grilled Mac n Brisket Sandwiches
- 8 slices bread, we like buttermilk or sourdough
- 12 oz Mac & Cheese, use your favorite recipe
- 4 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 Slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Chopped Brisket
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Stick Butter at room temperature
What you want to do is take your cooked macaroni and cheese, spread it in a casserole dish to a thickness of about 1 inch. Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator. When cooled, cut into squares a little smaller than the bread slices.
Combine the brisket and BBQ sauce and heat in a small saucepan, Butter the bread all the way to the edges and assemble the sandwiches in the following order:
Slice of bread on the unbuttered side add…
- One slice Pepper Jack Cheese
- One Square of Mac & Cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ Brisket mixture
- One slice of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side out.
Heat griddle to 300 to 325 degrees, cook for around 5 minutes on each side, smashing down with spatula while cooking until golden brown.
Remove from heat when cheese has melted, let sit one minute before slicing.
BBQ Brisket Pizza – Super easy, kid favorite
- 1 Boboli thin pizza crust
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Cup each shredded Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese combine together.
- 4 to 5 slices of Brisket cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 Purple Onion cut into small slices
- 2 TBLS Chopped Cilantro – garnish after cooking
Prepare the pizza in the normal fashion.
Set oven to 450 and cook for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Add Cilantro garnish and let cool for a minute before slicing.